OFFICIAL HOMEBUYER DISCOUNTS COMMUNITY CARES PROMOTION RULES, LIST OF LOCAL MERCHANTS DONATING GOODS AND SERVICES, AND COMPLETE PRIZE DESCRIPTIONS
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by Homebuyer Discounts, LLC and WAFB-TV. Homebuyer Discount's, LLC is headquartered at 1500 Lobdell Avenue, Suite A, Baton Rouge, LA 70806. WAFB-TV is headquartered at 844 Government Street, Baton Rouge, LA 70802. The promotion begins at September 10th, 2014 at 12:00am and ends at October 31st, 2014 at 11:59pm. Entries must be received by October 31st, 2014 at 11:59pm. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of the following Louisiana counties in the station's viewing area: Ascension Parish, East Baton Rouge Parish, Livingston Parish and West Baton Rouge Parish, who are at least 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Home to be remodeled must be:
• primary residence of the person nominated
• 1500 square feet of living space (under air conditioning) or less and not have any foundation/slab problems.
• All entrants must have home available for inspection prior to announcing of the winner. Therefore any entry not containing appropriate contact information is subject to withdrawal from consideration.
Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WAFB-TV, the other Sponsor(s), and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per household will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified.
3. How to Enter. There are two ways to enter this promotion. Beginning on Wednesday 12:00am, September 10th, 2014, individuals can log on to
and complete the online entry form. Individuals can also enter by mailing their name, address, phone number, date of birth, and a statement of why they would like to win the grand prize, to Community Cares, C/O WAFB-TV, 844 Government St., Baton Rouge, LA, 70802 Entries must be received by 11:59pm October 31st, 2014 in order to qualify. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An “authorized account holder” shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that WAFB-TV and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that WAFB-TV may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. WAFB-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
The prize is a remodel of any portion of the winner's house, the total aggregate dollar amount equal to $50,000 or less in products and/or labor as follows:
- Abba Movers – Free move in and out of home if necessary
- Arbor Tech Tree Service –Tree trim
- Arrow Pest Control – Termite control with monitors and annual pest treatment
- Blanco's Roofing, LLC – New roof
- Brunson Safe and Lock Company – All new locks on exterior doors
- Cajun Electric - Electrical work replacement/upgrading where needed
- Cajun Electric and Lighting – New light fixtures
- Confederate Heating and Air – New AC unit
- Custom Audio and Video - Surround System, receiver, dvd, speakers
- Custom Security – Security Camera System
- Douglas Carpet Clean – Carpet cleaning for one year (4 quarterly cleans)
- EZ Baths – walk in tub or handicapped shower
- First In Counters – Granite counter tops for either kitchen or bathroom
- Gerry Lane – Complete detail of exterior, interior and engine compartment on two vehicles
- Halpin's – 3 rooms of carpet with pad
- Holmes Building Materials – Paint material, replace front and rear doors
- Interior Design Group, LLC Shelley Ogden Landry La. Registered Interior Designer #1053 – Lead designer on remodel
- Kean's – Free Dry-cleaning for 1 year or until $1000 worth of services have been received
- Kellerman Kitchen and Bath – Kitchen or bath cabinets
- Louisiana Generators – Whole-house standby generator
- Olinde's – Sofa , Chair, 2 end tables and a cocktail table
- Prestigious Painting – Paint interior or exterior
- Robert Lynch Builders – General contractor of job
- Roto Rooter plumbing – Plumbing for refrigerator, range and shower/tub
- Sherwood Mini Storage – Offering storage for furniture and personal effects during remodel
- Sherwood Television and Appliance – New refrigerator and range
- Tiger Fences – Hand rails on steps and short fence across front of yard
- Tones and Textures –2 inch faux wood blinds for 10 windows
- Treppendahl – New landscaping in front yard
No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner(s). Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
5. How the Prizes are Awarded. A committee formed by Homebuyer Discounts, LLC and WAFB-TV will determine final winner. Five finalists will be chosen based upon their story and inspection of all Five (5) finalist's homes.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner(s), and if applicable any travel companion(s), will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within 30 days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must take possession of his or her prize by December 19th, 2014 or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WAFB-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WAFB-TV if WAFB-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WAFB-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
8. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
9. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WAFB-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WAFB-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
10. List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WAFB-TV, 844 Government St. or visit the website at
between November 1st and November 15th, 2014.